Today has been a very exciting day for me. Shae and I have been talking about getting married since before he left for BCT. Our plan was for him to come home, propose, and then run to the courthouse and get married. But the more I think about us getting married, the more I actually want to have a wedding. Nobody but my mom and a few close friends knew about our prior plans just for the obvious - he hasn't proposed. Military life makes it complicated, though. We are separated by 3000 miles and limited communication. So, I am planning our wedding even though we don't know exactly when he will be home and he still has yet to propose.
I know it probably sounds silly or crazy but we are limited on time. He doesn't want to propose over a letter, or phone, or skype. He says "I want it to be special. This is something I will only get to ask you once in our lives." Which makes me have huge heart eyes and I understand completely. I want him to ask me when he gets home. But, unfortunately we cannot plan an actual wedding in a week! So that is why I am doing the planning.
Our wedding will not be anything huge. In fact, it is going to be quite small. Just immediate family, with our bridesmaids and groomsmen. Then following the ceremony, we will have a big reception and that is when more of our friends and family can come join us to celebrate!
Shae is absolutely so perfect and caring and patient. I keep suggesting stuff for the wedding and he just says "That sounds perfect baby!" or "I love that!" or something like that, and I am loving it, but I asked him why he is being so in love with every single one of my ideas. You will never guess his response (actually, you might). He says, "I really do love everything you have suggested babe. I just want this to be everything you ever imagined it would be." God, I love this man.
So far, there are not very many plans. We picked out colors today. Since he will be wearing his ASU's (His army dress blues), I figured we better have colors that will match his uniform! I went with coral, white and navy blue. I was a little unsure of the colors at first, but I looked up coral and navy blue weddings and OH MY GOD, it is perfect. Shae also agrees!
I am on a mad hunt for a wedding dress and a photographer and a location. It's so hard to book a photographer or location when you don't know when exactly your soldier will be home from his training. It will be somewhere between end of November and end of December.
Wow, it is absolutely crazy to think that before 2014, I will be a married woman. I will be Calista Marie Atkins. It kind of has a ring to it, doesn't it? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment